Friday, December 21, 2012

He passed!

Parker took his driving test on December 19th.  As I went to go pick him up in his car I realized it was really dirty (on the outside).  Yikes!  I probably should have washed it before, but oh well!  I got to the school and while I was waiting for him, I asked my friend who lives right there if I could borrow some Windex and some paper towels to at least clean the windows!  We got to the DMV and waited in line for quite a while (of course).  Then, they sent us outside to pull the car into the testing area.  And then we waited, and waited, and waited!  I was getting so nervous for him.

 Finally the test instructor came out and sent me inside while he started Parker's test and then off they drove.
 Once they got back from the driving test, they sat in the car for a while, while I was getting more and more nervous.  Finally they came over and chatted with me for a while (still not knowing if he passed or not).  Then, almost as an afterthought the instructor said, "he passed."  

Congratulations Parker!  He only missed 5 points and could have missed up to 15!  He's doing great.  Now, I just need to get over being paranoid every time he is out on his own!

No comments: