Sunday, May 9, 2010

My Husband

How do I start this post???
My husband was put it as the Bishop of our ward last Sunday (May 2nd). I thought about not putting it on the blog, but in the end decided I needed to since it was a big event in our family. We found out about 2 1/2 weeks before he was put in ... which is kind of a long time! It was nice though to have some time to work through the feelings and emotions that come with the call.


My husband is a wonderful man and a terrific father and husband. I know that he was the person who is supposed to be serving as Bishop at this time in our Ward and I am grateful for that knowledge. I'm sure that will help when things get hard, or we wish he was home more, but I know that the blessings will far out-weight the sacrifices that our family will make!


Travis has a great sense of humor, loves to spend time with the family, is great at sports and is a great boss at work. He works hard and gives his best in all that he does.

More important than those qualities though, are that he is patient, kind, loving, very dedicated to spiritual matters (reading scriptures, prayer and having family home evening) and is a good example to all those around him.
/>We are very blessed to have him in our lives! I love him very much and the kids do too!


Parker says, "It will be a difficult change, but I know many blessings will come to us."
He also said, "That means that BYD will be at OUR house and you (mom) need to make treats for it!" :)


Conner says, "I have mixed emotions ... I am happy and sad. I am happy because we'll get blessings, but I'm sad that we won't get to see dad as much."


Calissa says, "I am so excited that my dad is the Bishop! It is going to be so exciting!"


(We chose not to tell her about Travis being called. We told her on Saturday afternoon that Grandma and Grandpa Burr were coming that night (Saturday) but she never asked why, so we didn't tell her. It's hard to keep a secret when you are 7! Sunday morning when he was sustained, she didn't even know what was happening until my mom told her. She was just excited to have both sets of Grandparents to sit with during church!)

By the way ... Travis may kill me when he reads this post! :)

6 comments:

MARE + 3= CRAZY!!! said...

Jenn what a beautiful day that was. I am so excited for you all. Travis... I mean Bishop Burr is a wonderful man. I really think he is kind of terrific. It touched my heart the words he said about you, & the way he loves you. I am so happy to have that kind of a man heading up our ward. He really is a man of God. I know you guys will go through all sorts of emotions over the coming years. But I know as do you & your kids that you will recieve an out pouring of blessings bc of your faithfulness & sacrifices. I am glad you posted this & so glad you guys are my friends! :) Love Marianne :)

Lacy said...

We are way excited and think he is amazing and will be AWESOME as bishop. It is another reason for us to be sad to leave the ward.

When my dad was put in the bishopric they didn't tell me either. And guess what? I was 16!! So Calissa shouldn't feel bad at all ;)

Jennie said...

A fitting and appropriate tribute, as much as Travis will not like it. Love you all!

Bonnie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bonnie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

The third time is a charm...hopefully!

We think your hubby is one of the best. We love him as our Bishop, Friend and Home Teacher. We think your whole family is pretty special!