Saturday, December 21, 2013

Lots of Field Trips!

The week school got out for Winter Break, the kids had three field trips!  It was crazy!  I was lucky enough to get to go on all three of them.  On Monday, I drove Conner's Leadership Class (well, not all of them) to a care center for them to do some caroling and interact with the residents there.  My group of three boys needed some extra encouragement to sing, so I got to sing with them.  It was a great experience (except for the first room we went in, where one lady said, "No, she didn't want us to sing," and the other lady who kept crying, "Just take me home!" It did get better from there!  After caroling, I took the boys out to lunch on the way back to school.  Fun couple of hours spent with Conner!
On Tuesday, I got to go with Calissa (and the entire 6th grade) to the Tech Museum in San Jose.  I had gone there with Conner a couple of years ago on this field trip and had a great time.  At the school as we were loading up the buses, we realized that there wasn't enough room for everyone so I volunteered to drive myself.  Shortly after saying that, three other parents hopped up and said they'd come with me.  It was a lot quieter, quicker, and we enjoyed chatting to San Jose and back!
 Once we got there I was in charge of watching 8 girls.  Yikes!  When I went with Conner I only had 3 boys.  (The boys were much easier!)  The girls were good and we all had a good time exploring the museum.
 The majority of our time was spent with this computer that drew the girls' faces.  It took about 15 minutes per girl, so I spent a lot of time just standing there as they waited for their pictures and chatted.  They were grateful though, that I was patient and they got to do what they wanted to do.
Here is Calissa with her friend, Amanda. 
Calissa outside the Tech Museum.

On Thursday, I got to go with Conner (and the entire 8th grade) to see "A Christmas Carol" at the Dean Lesher in Walnut Creek. It was fabulous!  I had to drive myself again (which I was totally ok with), and I didn't get to sit with Conner or his friends, but I have to say that I really enjoyed the play! Too bad I didn't get a picture with Conner!  (I'm sure he's happy I didn't).

No comments: