Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pismo Get-a-way

While Travis and Parker were in Vegas running another Ragnar Relay, Conner, Calissa, and I packed up Trav's car and headed to Pismo for a quick get-a-way.
 All smiles on the way down.  I picked them up from school (the car was already packed) and headed down for the 4 hour drive.  We were lucky and didn't hit too much traffic.
 After checking in, I sent an email to update the teacher that I had been subbing for, for the past 2 1/2 weeks.  Friday was my last day.  It was a nice break after working so much.  Saturday, I woke up and headed out for a walk on the beach.  I love the early morning there and was especially lucky that there was no fog!
 I love the sound of the waves and they come in.  It's so peaceful!

Isn't it beautiful?
After getting the kids up and having some breakfast, we all headed down to the beach to explore.
 These two actually might like each other (a little)!
 After a walk on the beach and a swim in the pool and hot tub we decided to head out to try a cinnamon roll place.  A group of people on bicycles were there (a whole bunch of them) who looked like they had just completed a training ride.  It looked super busy, but it actually wasn't.  
Glad we tried the place out ... they were super yummy!!
 After eating our cinnamon rolls we headed down to the butterfly grove.
  There were about 25,000 butterflies there.  I wish I had had my nice camera. Instead, I just had my cell phone so the pictures aren't that great.  

 The tan-ish clumps in the trees are actually butterflies.
 You have to be careful and watch where you walk so you don't step on any butterflies!

We spent the rest of the day doing some shopping, washing Trav's car, swimming, reading, relaxing, and watching "Myth Busters." 
  After dinner, we headed to the show at the "Great American Melodrama."  We saw "Drac in the Saddle."  It was sooooooo funny! We love going to the Melodrama!
 After the show Calissa posed for a picture with a few of the cast.

 Sunday morning on my walk I was followed down the beach by several otters.  I also saw dolphins playing in the water.  After breakfast and a little more swimming, we hopped in the car to drive back home.  It was a different trip without Parker and Trav, but we had a great time!


No comments: