Sunday, August 30, 2009

Last Summer Hoorah

We had one last free day before school starts tomorrow and decided to take a day trip. I offered the movies, swimming, the beach, hiking, or the Exploratorium in SF. Parker said he'd like to go back to the Exploratorium in SF (he thought he'd been on a field trip last year). The other kids decided that would be OK, so we packed up and headed out to SF. Now, I hate, hate, HATE driving in SF. I had directions, but we hit traffic, lousy drivers and narrow lanes. We only made two wrong turns, made two illegal u-turns before we made it there safely. Parker said to me as we were driving, "you like to talk to yourself when you drive, huh?" I guess I talk to myself when I'm nervous. Once we pulled into the parking lot, Parker said, "I don't think I've ever been here before." It was a new experience for the kids and I hadn't been in over 20 years.It was a ton of fun!! We stayed five hours and could have easily spent another two. We decided that we need to go back on a day that Travis can come with us (and drive).

Conner and I were moving this big cement pillar with two little bitty magnets.

Here are the kids on a chair that had been doubled in size from the one on the right.

It was huge!!!
Calissa having fun with the air coming out of the traffic cone.

Parker trying to flip his hat onto his head with the air from the cone.

Calissa drinking out of the toilet.

I thought since she was a girl, she wouldn't do things like this!

Parker and I taking a picture of ourselves.

Conner going up in smoke.

Making smoke rings.

The kids outside. The Palace of Fine Arts in the background. It was a beautiful day in the city!
Unfortunately the temperature climbed and climbed as we got closer and closer to home.

Cute kids!
We've had a wonderful summer. I'm a little sad that it's drawing to a close. The kids aren't fighting (at least not all the time) and are at a fun age where we can do some great things together. We'll just have to look forward to next summer!
(Or the cruise which will be here in 74 days ... but who's counting?)

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Fun times! You need a GPS..makes driving so much easier when you are unsure. We love ours!

Jennie said...

That looks like a super fun day! I always have an image in my mind that the exploratorium is dark and dirty but it doesn't look that way in your pictures ... I need to go back. I like the chair picture best. So where DID Parker go on his field trip?