Sunday, April 12, 2009

A Great Week!

Well, no photos with this blog, but had to talk a little bit about the exciting week that we had.

1. Parker's team finally won their first baseball game! It was an exciting win as they beat the first place team. Parker had two huge hits to the outfield (3 runs scored), turned a double play and threw a few people out at first. The only problem is that they have almost two weeks off until a double header next Saturday. Hopefully things will turn around for them now that they have some confidence! Parker is having a good experience though.

2. Travis and I went to see Wicked in San Francisco on Wednesday night. As we arrived at the theater we noticed that the two standby's for Elpheba and Glinda were performing instead of the leads. I was a little disappointed since we spent a lot on the tickets, but once they started singing I realized that we were definitely getting our money's worth. They were fabulous! Everything about the show was perfect. We both loved it and I'm trying to talk Travis into going to see it again this year and maybe taking the boys. We'll see if I can talk him into it or not ... I think I can!

3. Spring Break is here. I've felt like I'm hanging on by my fingernails to life this past month. We've been so busy with baseball and subbing (and everything else going on) that I have only cooked a real meal about 3 times in the last month. I'm hoping to "regroup" this week and get my life under control for the mad dash to the end of the school year. Just in case you're worried about my children eating nutritious food, rest assured they are eating their dairy (fried mozzarella cheese sticks), protein (hotdogs and hamburgers), grains (frosted mini wheats), fruit (strawberry jam on their pbj's and fruit bars), and veggies (do french fries count?) for dinner. I'm promising my kids to do a better job of feeding them this week. It's hard when we spend every night at the ball fields. Travis is also taking off a few days so we can do some fun things this week as a family. Hooray for family time!

4. I gave a talk today on charity. Despite being asked last Sunday night at 9 PM, and having an extremely busy week, it was a blessing to be able to prepare a talk this week. As I studied as the week went on, I was able to ponder the topic of charity and try my best to be as charitable as possible. Did I fall short of perfection, you bet, but I loved being able to think about it and work on it. Hopefully I will continue to try to be better ... isn't that what this life is all about?

5. We had Easter. I'm grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ who atoned for my sins and made it possible for me to live with him again someday. I'm thankful that I can repent and continue my lifelong path that will lead me back home to him. I grateful that he was resurrected so that I can be resurrected someday as well.

No comments: