Thursday, February 12, 2009

Parker's First Dance

I can't believe that Parker is old enough to go to church dances. Since he turned 12 he gets to go to two dances each year. He was excited to go. Travis said I should show him how to dance before he went so just in case he got asked he would know what to do. So ... Wednesday afternoon we went into Calissa's room and turned on the HSM3 music and I tried to show him how to dance. He was soooo embarrassed and wanted nothing to do with me. Then, we turned it on a slow song and I showed him where to put his hands. He was even more embarrassed then. I told him that if he didn't ask someone to dance that he'd be grounded for a week. (I was kidding ... mostly!) He showered and got ready to go.
I think he was nervous, but he's a brave, try anything kid and went.

Here's him when he got home at 9:20 ish. He had a great time, danced with 4 girls (he asked one and the other three asked him). He also won a gift card to Jamba Juice. Can't get much better than that. He's growing up!

(He's not terribly thrilled I blogged about this .... he said, "Mom, just don't embarrass me!")

No comments: