Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Grandma's 85th Birthday!

Happy 85th Birthday Grandma! I was able to fly to Utah for the weekend with my parents for my Grandma Maynard's Surprise 85th Birthday celebration. I'm glad that Travis was able to take the time off work and go it alone for a few days.We had lunch at Ruby Tuesday's in Logan, UT. We flew in on Friday evening and spent the night at Kevin and Kellie's house with Abby and Sam-O. Saturday morning we drove to Logan to get ready for her party. We picked up balloons (that big 85 and a dozen regular balloons). Unfortunately I was the one in the back seat of Kevin's small car with all those balloons. I couldn't even get my seat belt on. My dad said not to worry because I had a lot of padding with all those balloons!
My mom, Grandma, Aunt Teri and Uncle Joe

Lighting the candles on one of the cakes.

Surprise!!!

Uncle Claude and Aunt Teri from Washington

My brother, Kevin (from Layton)

Kevin's wife, Kellie and me

Me and my cousin Cam (who I haven't seen in years!)
It was lots of fun catching up!

My dad and mom
*****
After the party we did a little shopping with my aunt, went out to dinner with some family and then Kellie and my mom and I went to see Twilight at the dollar theatre. I was glad that we saw it, but we all agreed that our husbands are really glad that we didn't make them go!
Sunday, my dad and I went to church with my Grandma and had brunch with Uncle Joe, Uncle Claude, Aunt Teri and Cam. Then we said good bye and drove back to Layton. My dad and I were able to go and visit my dad's parents for several hours and then bring them back to Kevin and Kellie's for dinner.
*****
We flew home on Monday morning. I am glad I was able to spend some quality time with my Grandma and other family. Those memories will stay with me for a long time. My weekend without my family responsibilities wore me out! I didn't get enough sleep. So ... I'm glad I'm home now and can get back to a normal schedule. The kids said they missed me, but I think they were just excited that they had homemade cookies waiting for them when they got home from school yesterday!

No comments: