Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Happy 38th Travis!

Happy Birthday Travis! Here is his cake of choice at Sunday dinner at my parents' house. Tina and my mom put on 3 and 8 candles for his 38 years. I was trying to see the 3 and 8, but they just put on 11 randomly! Lasagna, salad bar, garlic bread and eclair cake ... yummy!Blowing out the candles. (I just counted and there are 12 candles ... who was in charge?) There goes your 3 and 8 theory! No wonder Travis had a hard time blowing them all out ... you put an extra one on!
Travis' birthday was on the 16th. He was hoping to go golfing with my brother Andrew, but it rained and rained and rained. Instead, we cleaned the kids' rooms, went shopping for new clothes and other assorted things, took the family to Elephant Bar for dinner and played Five Crowns with the kids and my parents at my mom and dad's house. Probably not his ideal birthday, but I think he had an OK day. He got some new shirts, ties and pants from us and new ski poles and a golfing book from his parents.
****************
I am so lucky to be married to such a wonderful man. He is patient, kind, righteous, obedient, doesn't get mad when I nag him, cooks breakfast almost every morning after seminary, does the dishes almost every night after dinner, coaches the kids' sports teams, doesn't ever complain (unlike me :), is happy with whatever we do for dinner, picks up bread from the store for me once or twice a week to go with dinner, is my best friend!!! Hope you had a great birthday Trav. I love you and the kids do too!

2 comments:

Lacy said...

Happy B-day Travis!

Azure said...

This was such a cute post!!! Happy Birthday Trav! We miss you guys.