Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Grandpa Romer is 90!

My grandpa is turning 90 this month and my mom and cousin (and his sons) decided to throw him a party.  I was lucky enough to get to fly in and spend time with Kevin and Kellie (and Drew) and help get ready for the party.  Kevin and Kellie were kind enough to have the party and their house.
 Kellie picked up some things from my grandpa's house that reminded us of him. Books - he loves to read - Cowboy boot - He always was wearing them - Dog - He loves his Tipper! Clock - He was always making something (and made this clock)
 Cards - Loves playing cards - Latch hook rug - Always has a project going
 Needlepoint - He's crafty!  Pass the budder to me mudder award - Drove my mom crazy when he used to say that!
 Puzzle - He always has one (or many more) puzzles going!


He had several hats, but this is one that I remember him loving recently!
 Birthday balloons!!
 The beautiful spread of food!
 The amazing cowboy cake that Carrie had made.
 A banner that his neighbor Mike made
 Me and Grandpa!
 Grandpa as a little boy. 
Drew, Kevin, and I.

I had a great weekend spending time with my brothers (we missed BJ) and Kevin's family and my dad.  It was fun to visit and spend some time with them.

It was also fun to see a lot of my cousins that I haven't seen for quite a while!  

Happy birthday Grandpa!  I love you!

No comments: