Tuesday, June 24, 2014

A quick boating trip

With our family reunion camping trip coming up next week, Drew and Tina needed to take out their boat to make sure it was working.  Originally Conner was invited along, but then I got an invite as well. (Parker was in Tahoe with Trever, Travis was at work, and Calissa stayed with Grandma and helped watch Emily (and got to spend a lot of time on her phone)).
After the drive to Berryessa it was time to launch the boat (after 3 long years - the last time they had used it was our family reunion camping trip three years ago and it broke the second night).
Conner and Drew keeping it attached to the dock while Tina parked the car. 
 And we're off!
 First up, Conner and Christopher on the tube!
 Then some time playing in the water.
There was a bit of a breeze so I was a little reluctant to get in the water myself.
 Drew and Tina
 Next Lindsay and Drew went on the tube! This was Lindsay's first time out on the boat.  She had a fun time.
 Such a cutie!
 Flagman Conner


 Drew did some tricks on the knee-board and wake-boarded as well.
 Conner tried knee-boarding for the first time and he was so good that he didn't even need to hold on!

 We stopped for a while and swam off the boat.
 Then Tina and Christopher tubed.
 Since Tina was already wet she decided to do some wake-boarding.
 Lindsay telling her dad to slow down.
 I told them that I would go on the tube with Lindsay (figuring that they wouldn't go too fast if she was on) but she didn't want to go again, so I got talked into trying the knee-board.  I got up and held on for quite a while. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be and the water felt great!
 Here are Conner and I heading back to the dock after our day on the water.

 We had a great time (and so did Calissa).  Thanks Uncle Drew and Aunt Tina for inviting us!

(Just wish I wasn't so sore the next day! - At least everyone was sore the next day too ... it made me feel better!)


No comments: