Monday, July 8, 2013

Week One of the Backyard Remodel

Our backyard remodel has started!  Here are some pictures from week one. 
Day One - Trees
 Good bye tree ...
 hello port-a-potty!
 Here is the tree gone and they pruned the big tree on the left a ton.  Every change is stressful because I wonder if I'm going to like it, or get used to it.  It usually take a couple of days and then I'm OK with it.  The tree does look tons better.
 We also found another septic tank hole when they were done with the trees. About 10 years ago, we had a huge hole in our yard that showed up during the rainy weather.  We filled it with gravel and dirt and thought we were done.  Evidently we had another one.  They filled this one with extra dirt from our backyard.  Hopefully there are no more!
 Every day our back yard looks bigger and bigger!
Day two - patio gone
 I wasn't sure they were planning on working on Wednesday since they had scheduled two days for the tree people.  I came home from an errand and half of my patio was gone.
 They took up most of the patio that day and knocked down our raised bed on the patio.
 They also delivered a beautiful dumpster for the dirt.
Day Three - Green Removal
 Thursday (yes, they worked on the 4th of July) they took out everything green in our yard except for a few things we wanted to keep.
 We had a mess of dirt and everything in my house is covered in dirt and more dirt!
Day Four - Patio Started
 Friday, they finished the concrete removal and raised bed removal and started putting in the crushed rock for the pavers.
We had a couple days with no work over the weekend (which was fine with me) and they have already started up early this morning on Week two!

This whole process is stressing me out!  I like my privacy and don't like having people working in my yard.  I  have been waking up really early because I'm worried about what is going to happen that day.  I know it will all be worth it in the end though and I'm excited about the finished project!

No comments: