Thursday, October 6, 2011

Another Broken Bone!

Yes, that is another x-ray!

And, yes, it is another broken bone.

Calissa was playing goalie for her soccer team the last week of September.  She went down to grab a ball and a girl on the other team tried to kick the ball as she was picking it up.  Unfortunately, the girl kicked her finger as well as the ball.  Calissa stopped the goal, but picked up a broken finger. She went out for a quarter and came back into the game for the final quarter. It was one of those nights when we had three soccer games on three different fields.  I went to Parker's game in Martinez, Travis was reffing Calissa's game and Conner was by himself at his game.  (He ended up scoring three goals.  I guess we're not his good luck charms?!)  When we all got back home I took a look at her finger.  It was definitely swollen and purple.  The next afternoon I took her in and had it x-rayed.  It was broken, of course! Her finger was by far the easiest brake we've had.  No soccer and gymnastics until the end of October though.  I was wishing for less soccer ... guess I got my wish.  Sorry Calissa!

No comments: