Monday, April 11, 2011

Weird!

Did any of you local folks see this on Saturday about noon? It was the weirdest thing. Conner was playing baseball and one of the kids looked up and pointed at the sky and so we all looked up. There was a huge circle around the sun with a rainbow. (My picture really doesn't do it justice).It was dark right around the sun and then the rainbow around the outside edge. Travis and Parker were golfing and I was going to call them and have them look, but when I got my phone out Parker had already texted me. Travis took a video of it with his phone, but when he tried to play it back it said it was in an unsupported format? Huh? I told him it was the aliens who scrambled it. (I looked it up online from the baseball game and it is caused by sunlight being diffracted as it passes through Cirrostratus clouds at altitudes of over 20,000 feet.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the phone call. That was the coolest thing to see.
Grandma R.