Sunday, July 26, 2009

WICKED

The day finally arrived for us to take the kids to see Wicked in San Francisco. We were all really excited to go. Travis and I to see it again and the kids to see it for the first time. My mom and dad decided on Tuesday morning to join us on Wednesday night. (They had gone to see it the last week, but didn't have great seats so they decided to come with us).We all piled on the BART train to ride into the city. Calissa loved riding with Grandpa. We loved her riding with Grandpa too. Not sure Grandpa enjoyed it though.
Calissa was very excited (and pretty cute)!
Here we are in front of the theater. The kids loved it!! (Travis and I did too). I did have to get Calissa to stop singing along, but they sat enthralled for the entire 3 hour show. We were sitting in the very last row of the balcony, dead center. The kids had cushions to sit on so they were perched a little bit higher. The nice thing about being in the last row (of 5 rows) was that if they wiggled, or stood up no one noticed but us.

They caught much more than I thought they would. Parker should have worn his glasses, but could see most of it. Conner asked when we could go again, but sit down in the orchestra seats. I love that he wants to see it again, but don't love the price tag. We've got cultured (and lucky) kids (if I do say so myself)!

- Don't tell Travis, but I want to see it again too!

3 comments:

April J. said...

LUCKY family indeed! I really want to see it again. I think it would be priceless to watch the kids enjoy it too. Glad you had a great time!

Lacy said...

Your kids are very lucky to see that, yes! I didn't see my first theater production until about 4 years ago :):) I would love to take my kids someday to a musical.

Sharee said...

Jen! So good to see your family and your kids! Calissa is so grown up! We just saw Wicked in PHX. Holly and I loved it. We can't stop singing or listening to the music. Mark on the other hand is quite tired of us and the music. We try to seek it in when he is not around. I would love to go again...where should we meet?