Friday, July 24, 2009

Bye bye birdie!

We arrived home last Sunday evening from our trip to Utah. We got the car unpacked and I came in to turn on the computer (because I might be a little dependent on my email) and noticed some spots on the back of the piano. I looked at the spots, looked at the ceiling, looked back at the spots and thought, "those couldn't have been there before we left." As I was pondering what they could possibly be, the plant (pictured below) started to move. I slowly backed away and called (OK, yelled) for Trav to come. I was telling him that the plant was moving and something must be in it as the family gathered around. Calissa said she thought it was a bird because she could see the wings and all of a sudden the bird flew out of our plant and started flying around our house! As we screamed and laughed we opened up all the doors in our house and after scarring us and the poor thing to death it finally flew out the front door of our house.(notice the lovely bird poop on our plant - still need to get that one off)

I called my parents while it was flying around and asked how it got into our house. My mom suggested the fire place and sure enough there were tell tale signs that it came down the chimney. After it was gone, I walked around and noticed that it had left "presents" all around our family room, living room and kitchen. Luckily I haven't found any "presents" in the rest of the house. YUCK!!!

Monday morning was spent disinfecting every surface in those rooms to get rid of the bird cooties!! The kids thought it was pretty weird that a bird got in our house while we were gone. We thought it was weird too. Who gets a bird in their house while they are on vacation?

Evidently we do!

No comments: