Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Trav's Birthday (that wasn't so great)

So, Trav's 43rd birthday was at the end of a very long weekend.  We had celebrated Valentine's Day on Friday night, Mormon Prom on Saturday night, and then Trav's birthday was on Sunday.  Unfortunately, I woke up very early Sunday morning with a nasty stomach bug.  My worst fear was that I hadn't cooked the chicken long enough and I had given food poisoning to all the Mormon Prom kids. Luckily, that wasn't the case, and it was just me. Unfortunately, it made for a not so great birthday for Trav!  (I was supposed to play the piano for the choir that day too ... I tried to go (and even showered) but I was so sick they had to postpone the choir number to the following week).
 Travis did get some love from the Primary that day!  They made him this great poster that says, "Bishop, You make us feel like 100 Grand whenever you shake our hands!"  Then, the kids traced their hands and wrote their names and some notes.  He also got some 100 Grand candy bars. 
 Earlier this month, the activity day girls brought over a spaghetti dinner that they had made and the young women decorated his office. His birthday lasted a long time this year.

Sunday night he had requested Lasagna for dinner.  Luckily, I had made it the night before so all he had to do was throw it in the oven (along with the garlic bread), and put together a salad.  My parents were out of town, so just Andrew and the kids came over for dinner.  Drew brought a dessert and I did hear them sing to him.

We were supposed to go to Benihana for his birthday dinner on Monday night, but we postponed it until the following weekend since I was still not feeling great!  I also make cinnamon rolls for birthdays.  This year, he got his cinnamon rolls a week late too.

They tasted just a good and made his birthday last all the more longer!

Happy Birthday Trav! Hopefully you felt our love and know how much we love and appreciate you!

No comments: