Friday, February 15, 2013

Mormon Prom

The Mormon Prom was on Saturday, February 9th at the Inter-Stake Center in Oakland.  Parker went with Michayla Rossi.  They went with 7 other couples.
They had a dinner at the March's house for all 16 of them.  I volunteered to bring dessert (which I stressed over for a couple of week)!  Finally, the morning of I decided to do a mousse, but I couldn't find glass cups to put it in, so I changed to chocolate dipped strawberries ...
and strawberry shortcake on a stick. (I had to buy a couple of new trays too! I told Travis it was much cheaper than the regular prom.)
Parker showered and got dressed in his black suit with his new tie to match Michayla's dress.  We should have taken it out of the package before he went to put it on because it had a bump in it from where it was folded.  I have to admit that I did iron it on his body and didn't burn him.  However, I did burn myself!
Tyler came over to take a few pictures and then the missionaries came over for a photo op too.
Parker, Elder Omori, Tyler, and Elder Namali
Here are the flowers for Michayla.  They were so pretty!
Parker trying to get the flowers un-attached from the box.
Putting on the corsage. (Flowers point up!)
Michayla putting the boutonniere on Parker.  She didn't stab him!
Don't they look great?
Being silly.
Parker and Tyler being weird!
The Sunday School Class!
Tyler, Morgan, Parker and Michayla
Some of the 16.  There was a band thing that day, so quite a few of the dates were late!
Here is the whole group!
Getting ready for dinner. 
 Finding seats at the table.  Parker and Michayla sat down first ... I guess they were hungry.
 Smile everyone!
 I took orders for dinner and played waitress for the evening.  If I had known I was going to do that, I would have dressed up a little!
 Cheers!
After dinner and dessert Parker,  Michayla, Tyler and Alaina got loaded up in the car and headed out to the "Winter Wonderland" dance.  They had a great time!  After the dance got over they went to Fentons for ice cream.  Parker made it home about 1:00 am.  

No comments: