Friday, July 6, 2012

Parker's Driving!

Yikes!  Parker is driving.  He went out on Monday for his first behind-the-wheel lesson.  I wasn't too nervous to send him out.  He came back two hours later and his instructor (a former Police Officer) said he did an exceptional job and to just continue to practice with him.

Who knew how scary it would be to get behind the wheel of the car with my very mature 15 1/2 year-old son?!  Oh my ... I told my husband that I was either going to have a stroke or a heart attack driving with him.   I'm so afraid he's going to hit the cars parked on the right side of the road.  I've told him that he's doing a good job and the problem is all mine.  I think he believes I'm a little crazy, but even after a week I'm doing a little better!  (He's doing better too!)  Travis and I drove with him to the bank on Wednesday.  He and Travis were getting out of the car and I was still in the back seat as the car was rolling backwards because he forgot to put the car in park!  (It was pretty funny!)  We've scheduled his 2nd driving lesson in a couple of weeks.  Hopefully it will get easier as he gets more practice driving (and I get more practice breathing deeply and relaxing)!

No comments: