Monday, May 21, 2012

Lizard Attack!

Thursday when I got home from school with the kids, we were only going to be home for about 10 minutes before we had to leave again for Activity Days and Baseball.  I had subbed all day and was tired!  I was trying to listen to the four messages on our answering machine when Parker walking in and interrupted me.  I said, "Parker, I'm trying to listen to the messages!"  As he was walking away I heard him mumble ... "Well, I kind of thought you might want to know that there is a giant lizard in the bathroom."
Needless to say, I paused the machine and went into the bathroom to see this big lizard!  I took a picture (because I needed to put it on the blog) and told Parker to go get me something to catch it.  He brought me in a glass and a postcard.  This lizards was about 10-12 inches long and wasn't going to fit in a glass!  Then, he brought me a shoe box with an attached lid.  Again ... not going to work!  I went off in search of another box and a thick piece of paper to try and trap it.  Once we had gathered everything I went down to try and catch it, it crawled behind our vanity!  I tried to think of a way to get it back out again.  I brought in my hair dryer and turned it on full blast and tried to blow it out.  Didn't work!  Running out of time, I shut the door, shoved a towel under it and then left, hoping it would come out while we were gone! Unfortunately it didn't come out.  We waited the rest of the day Thursday, all day Friday and most of the day on Saturday.  It never came out.  I was convinced that it was gone.  We finally opened the door and cleaned the bathroom on Saturday (which you can see by the floor needed it).  Saturday night we were at a party and got a call from the kids saying that they had spotted it in our bathroom.  The kids kept an eye on it until we made it home.  Parker did think that a picture frame fell on it and squashed it.  I'd much rather find a whole, alive lizard, than a squished one!  We came home to Parker laying on the floor in our hallway keeping an eye on it!  I caught it with a box and a piece of cardboard and set it free outside (where it made it's way back towards our house ... hopefully to live in our bushes and not our bathroom)!

No comments: