Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Happy Birthday Travis!

 Trav's birthday almost got overlooked this year.  If you'll notice, he is not blowing out candles on homemade cinnamon rolls.  Instead, he's blowing out candles on homemade coffee cake.  I had been so busy subbing and running the kids around, that I forgot that I make cinnamon rolls and that his birthday was that week.  (Well, I didn't really forget ... but when I was planning the menu for the week, I forgot!)  I was really tired the night before his birthday, but since coffee cake was on the menu for breakfast, I figured I'd better make it.  Once it was in the oven, I realized that I had made a mistake!  Travis said he didn't mind, but I do owe him some cinnamon rolls one day soon!
 Blowing out his birthday candles on Thursday morning!  He got a new suit for his birthday (which we had bought in January, but he didn't pick up until right after his birthday).  We had a crazy, busy day that day.  Calissa had Activity Days, Conner had Baseball Practice, Parker had Volleyball Practice and both the boys had a Basketball Game for Church.  Travis had visits to make, so we didn't even see him until about 9 that night.
For Sunday dinner he asked for Shells.  We went to the grocery store on Saturday and bought everything except for the CHEESE!  Which is a crucial ingredient for shells!  Luckily, Drew picked up some cheese for me when he was picking up this yummy chocolate cake for dessert. 

Here is Travis in his snazzy new suit.  Handsome, huh?

On Monday, we got to celebrate once more at Benihana with the family as well as Drew, Tina and Christopher.  We had lots of yummy food and a great time!

Hope you know how much we love and appreciate you Trav!  Happy Birthday!

No comments: