Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Soccer ... Another year done (Almost)

We were not too excited about soccer this year.  (And when I say we, I mean Travis and I).
The kids were excited (except for Parker once school and cross country started).
I only took my camera one week to games and that was when Calissa was not playing because of her broken finger (which I probably caused because the thought did cross my mind that if one of the kids got injured (not too far fetched, right) that we would have less games to go to).


Conner did great this season.  His confidence continues to grow and he's becoming quite the scoring machine! 



His team ended up tied for 1st place in the tournament, but ended up seeded 2nd after the tie-breaker.  They play their final game against the other team on Saturday.  Conner scored 4 goals in his three games on Saturday!  Way to go Fusion!

 Parker's season was a season of juggling school, soccer and cross country practice.  He put a lot of miles on his legs the last several months (including the Ragnar), but managed to do well in all of his responsibilities. 
 He scored quite a few goals this season as well.
This was his last season playing soccer.  As much as I won't miss all the practice and running him around, I will miss watching him play.  He is a lot of fun to watch.

Calissa's season was short because of her finger, but she was able to come back for her tournament last Saturday.  Her team ended up the season in 4th place.  Calissa did a great job as goalie for her team this year and she really improved from last year. 


No comments: