Sunday, June 13, 2010

See Jen Run

I decided to do the See Jane Run 5K again this year. It was held on Saturday, June 5th in Alameda. It is a great event. Unfortunately, I did not train as well as last time. (I was not as dedicated this year). I got sick a few weeks before the event and didn't run for two weeks. Not the smartest move I've ever made, but I did run the week of. Last year my goal was to finish in under 30 minutes and not stop running. This year my goal was to finish!My mom came again this year along with Calissa and Parker.
Here I am running towards the finish line.


I was going so fast (yeah, right) that Parker missed my front and got me from behind.

I didn't finish in under 30 minutes, but 31:04. I did stop and walk a couple of times, but I finished 174th out of 1100 or so racers and 37th out of 230 in my age group. Not too bad! I think I'm motivated to train better next year. I should be getting faster, not slower!

Parker said he would be embarrassed to get that time. I told him he could run it next year with me and beat me! He said he wasn't saying it to be mean, just that he is faster and his expectations for himself were higher. Sure Parker, sure. Just keep trying to dig out of that hole! I told Travis that he should run it next year too and the other two kids should do the mile run. Although, now that I think of it, I'm not sure it would be nice to be beat by Travis and Parker! Although, it would make a fun family day. Too bad it's always the last weekend of baseball!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Good job, Jen! You never cease to amaze me. Love you, B