Monday, February 22, 2010

Where, oh where has my brain gone?

Last week was a busy week. Travis had been gone over the three day weekend and he got home late on Monday night. I was juggling the kids, 2 birthday parties, 3 baseball practices, gymnastics, cleaning, and some fun thrown in for the other kids. It had been a fun, but busy weekend. (Also a typical weekend, just minus one parent.)

Monday came and Parker went to a birthday party at the movie theater. It was "The Lightning Thief" and was one that the other kids wanted to see, so we went along and just sat in a different spot. Once the movie was over I tried to head over to Bed, Bath and Beyond for a quick gift for a bridal shower next weekend. The party got over at 4:30, but I had told the mom that I would pick him up a little early because Conner had practice at 4:30 back in Concord. Well, things didn't work out quite as planned.

We got to Bed, Bath and Beyond and there were quite a few girls by the same name that I was trying to get a gift for. I didn't know her fiancees name, but after several long minutes, we figured it out and they printed the 31 page registry for me. TICK TOCK ... Next, we attempted to find one of the things on the list. Conner had great eyes and we grabbed the gift and headed up to pay. TICK TOCK ... Then, (here was my fatal mistake) they asked if I wanted it gift wrapped. I looked at my watch (TICK TOCK) and asked how long it would take. She said, "Oh, no more than 5 minutes." It was 4:15. I really wanted to pick up Parker at 4:20 and be on the road. I said, "OK." TICK TOCK. 10 Minutes later they finally came out! I was not a happy camper. I hate being late anywhere! So, I run to the car with the kids. Conner is changing into his baseball uniform as we are driving (Don't worry ... he had his seat belt on :) I drive down the street and park and start trying to find Parker at Cocoa Swirl. He said it was by Jamba Juice. I finally found a map and then run up to Cocoa Swirl and what does Parker say when I run up? "You're late mom." REALLY??? So, we run to the car and I am not in a good mood by this point and we get on the freeway to get Conner to his practice. Then, I went to the wrong field! As we are pulling into the field I realized that I was at the wrong place. So, we were even later and I was even more frustrated. My poor kids! I realize that it was my decision to get the gift wrapped that made us late, but I was pretty unhappy. Luckily we all made it safely and I don't think I did too much psychological damage to my children!

Travis got home from his weekend late on Monday night and it was his birthday the next day. I had made cinnamon rolls and we were trying to unwrap presents and have family prayer in the 10 minutes we had before he had to leave to drive for the carpool. I was thinking about all I had to do that day, but especially about the crown I had to get that morning. I drove the other two kids to school, came home and went on a run, did the dishes, made the bed, took a shower, etc. I was finishing getting ready for the day about 9:55 when I had a moment of panic when I realized it was TUESDAY and I was supposed to be in Calissa's class at 9:00 to work centers.

It was a crazy week last week and this week looks like it is going to be even busier! I'm hoping my brain has decided to return for good. I'm not so good without it!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Jen, you poor thing. It will get better I promise. Your brain is good, your schedule just a little over loaded. Glad Travis is home!