Thursday, October 8, 2009

Warms my Heart

One of the best things so far this year has been subbing for a special day class at Monte Gardens. The kids and assistants are fabulous, but the best thing is having my kids come over during lunch recess and play with the kids. Calissa and Conner are both learning compassion and to not be worried about differences. Today, both kids were putting the ball on Juan Carlos' lap while he steadied it with his nose and then pushed it off his lap. Then, they would throw it to Ben who doesn't speak, but had a huge smile on his face while the kids played with him. Special kids -- mine and the ones that I teach!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

I couldn't agree more...special kids are sooo special...and so are your kids! It is great you can give them this experience while they are young.

Lacy said...

I LOVE this! You have great kids--so kind!